· 5 Rooster potatoes (approximately 1 kg)
· 500 g broccoli
· 250 g button mushrooms
· 100 g Roquefort or blue cheese
· 200 ml single cream
· 1 onion
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· salt and pepper
POTATO GRATIN WITH VEGETABLES AND BLUE CHEESE
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C (Gas 7).
2. Cut the peeled potatoes into slices and place in a pan of water. Bring to the boil then cook them for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In the meantime, wash and cut the broccoli florets and cook them in a pan of salted water for about 5 minutes once the water has come to the boil.
4. Thinly slice the onions. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
5. Fry the onions with a knob of butter. Add the mushrooms.
6. Pour in the cream and add the crushed garlic.
7. Stir the mushroom preparation and adjust the seasoning.
8. Cut the cheese into pieces.
9. Arrange the potatoes and broccoli in a baking dish, pour the sauce over them and arrange the cheese pieces.
10. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to obtain a nice grilled crust. Serve immediately.
Tip: For a softer-flavoured gratin, replace the blue cheese with Cheddar cheese.