· 1 large Rooster) (approximately 200g)
· 1 courgette, washed and finely chopped
· 1 leek, white
· 2 shallots, peeled and coarsely chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
· 2 stick of celery, stem + leaves
· Handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
· Handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
· Handful of fresh oregano leaves, chopped
· 3 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 tablesp. herbes de Provence
· 125g snap peas
· 125g peas, frozen
· 1.5 litres water
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
POTATO AND PEA MINESTRONE
1. Bring the water to the boil.
2. Wash the courgette and cut into small cubes. Peel the potatoes and cut into ½ cm cubes. Cut the leek in two lengthwise and then into half-moons
3. Chop the celery stalk and leaves.
4. Finely blend the shallot, garlic, celery and fresh herbs with the oil to form a herb paste.
5. Heat a pan. Add the bay leaf, potato cubes and herb paste and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
6. Deglaze with the water and add the leek, courgette, snap peas and peas. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the potato cubes are cooked.
7. Serve warm in bowls with extra fresh herbs.
Tip: This is a vegetarian soup. For a more filling soup you can add cubes of silky tofu, pieces of fish or cubes of ham.