- 3 Kennedy’s Rooster Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm dices
- 4 chicken thighs
- 20g butter
- 1tsp plain flour
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1tsp fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp parsley
Potato, Chicken And Potato Recipe
- In a frying pan, cook the chicken thighs in the olive oil until golden.
- In a medium/large saucepan cook the leeks and garlic over a low heat in the butter until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and stir. Pour in the chicken stock, add the potatoes and bring to a simmer. Pop the chicken in and cook for about 10 minutes, remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Keep the soup simmering away whilst you work on the chicken. Add the chicken back to the pan with the fresh thyme and season with salt and milled pepper.
- Serve with fresh parsley and fresh bread.
*This recipe was originally published on potatoe.ie