· 5 Kennedy’s potatoes (e.g. Rooster potatoes) (approximately 400g)
· 2 tbsp butter
· 1 clove garlic
· 2 spring onions
· 2 tbsp chopped chives + extra
· 40 g grated Cheddar cheese
· 2 eggs, well beaten
· salt and pepper
· 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
· 2 tsp sriracha/chilli sauce
· 2 tsp flour
AMERICAN-STYLE FLUFFY POTATO PANCAKES WITH YOGHURT CHIILI SAUCE AND CHIVES
1. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 20-25 minutes. Drain and mash with a potato masher. Add the butter and mix well.
3. Finely chop the garlic and spring onions.
4. Mix the mashed potatoes, garlic, spring onions, chives, Cheddar and eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add some flour if the mixture would be a bit too sticky.
5. Shape the mixture into 8 patties and sprinkle with flour. Leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Heat a pan with olive oil, pan-fry the patties roughly 4 minutes on each side until crispy.
7. Mix the yoghurt and the sriracha/chilli sauce and season with the extra chives, salt, and pepper.
8. Serve the patties with yoghurt sauce.