For the French Fries:
· 5 large potatoes (e.g. Special Chips potatoes) (approximately 1 kg)
· 3 tbsp vegetable oil (sunflower, rapeseed, etc.)
· spices or dried herbs (paprika, cumin, oregano, coriander…)
For the ketchup:
· 250 g tomatoes
· 250 g onions
· 125 g icing sugar
· 100 ml vinegar
· 0,5 pepper
· 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 tsp. paprika powder
· 1 clove
HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIES AND KETCHUP
1. Wash the potatoes.
2. Preheat the oven to 230°C (Gas 8).
3. Peel the potatoes then cut them into chips.
4. Rinse and dry them well.
5. Place the chips in a salad bowl. Pour in the oil then the spices (or herbs) and stir until the fries are well coated.
6. Spread the chips on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, making sure they do not overlap.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, turning your fries halfway through.
8. Sprinkle with salt just before serving
How to make your own ketchup:
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut them in half and press them lightly to remove the seeds. Crush their meat and put it in a large saucepan. Peel and chop the onions and add them to the pan.
2. Put the pan on low heat and leave to cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Put the contents of the pan into the vegetable mill. Pour the tomato puree back into the pan.
4. Cut the pepper in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Add the pepper, vinegar and icing sugar to the saucepan. Leave the tomato puree to simmer for 2 hours, stirring regularly.
5. After this time, add the mustard and paprika, salt, stir and continue cooking for 30 minutes.