· 300g rooster potatoes, cut into 5mm slices
· 200g cauliflower, trimmed into florets and sliced into pieces slightly thicker than the potatoes
· 150 ml milk
· 100ml half fat crème fraiche
· 1tsp groundnut oil
· 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 1 bay leaf
· 1tsp ground turmeric
· 1tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
· 1tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
· Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
· Pinch chilli flakes
HEALTHY POTATO DAUPHINOISE WITH TURMERIC
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Take a small ovenproof dish and brush the inside with oil.
2. Put the milk, crème fraiche, coriander, cumin, bay leaf, garlic and ground turmeric in a saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Bring just to the boil, then add the drained potato, followed by the cauliflower and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
3. Transfer everything into the prepared dish, holding back half of the liquid (you want to be able to clearly see the potato and cauliflower).
4. Top with salt, black pepper and chilli flakes and place in the oven for 25 minutes.