· Fluffy Potatoes, e.g. Maris Piper, boiled, drained and cut into medium/thick chips.
· 2 sea bass fillets (approx. 180g each). Or use sea bream, haddock or cod fillets
· Zest and juice of 1 lemon
· 3 tablespoons mixed seeds, pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, chia
· 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
· For the Lemon Mayonnaise:
o 3 tablespoons plain mayonnaise
o Handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
o ½ tablespoon lemon juice
· Peas to serve
HEALTHY SEED CRUSTED FISH AND CHIPS
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
2. Mix the lemon zest with the seeds, a generous pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper. Tip half of this mix onto the cooked potatoes along with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Coat well, spread out on a baking tray and place in the oven (for about 25 mins).
3. Meanwhile, add the flaked almonds to the remaining seeds mix with a dash of olive oil and toss to coat. Pile onto each fish fillet, pushing down to form a crust.
4. When the potatoes look like they’re beginning to crisp up, add the fish to the oven for the final 15 minutes. To prepare the lemon mayonnaise; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
5. Serve with lemon wedges, lemon mayonnaise and peas.
TIP: Use any leftover boiled potatoes in this recipe too.