· 4 Rooster potatoes (approximately 400g)
· 400 g can chickpeas, drained
· 1 tbsp tahini paste
· 1 shallot, peeled
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 garlic cloves
· 2 tablespoons cumin powder
· 2 tablespoons flour + extra 100 g
· 4 tablespoons white sesame seeds
· 60 g rocket
· 60 g grated raw red beetroot
· 100 g Greek yoghurt
· 1 tbsp Greek spice mix
· zest of 1 lime and 1 tsp juice
· chopped fresh coriander
· salt and pepper
POTATO FALAFELS WITH SALAD AND YOGHURT SAUCE
1. Rinse and dice the potatoes.
2. Put them in boiling water until cooked.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash them with a masher. Set aside for a moment.
4. Peel the shallot and chop finely.
5. Place the chickpeas, tahini paste, shallot, ½ of the garlic, cumin powder, coriander, salt, and pepper in a blender. Mix until everything is finely chopped.
6. Remove from the blender, taste, and adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Add 100g flour and knead with your hands until well combined.
8. Shape into 12-16 falafel balls. About the size of a ping pong or just a bit smaller.
9. Mix the sesame seeds and roll the falafels in it. Place on a baking tray. Repeat until all the balls are covered in sesame seeds. Drizzle them with olive oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Turn around halfway through.
10. Mix the yoghurt with the Greek spices, chopped coriander, lime zest and juice and the other half of the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Grate the beetroot.
12. Serve the falafel with rocket and grated beetroot and drizzle with the yoghurt dressing.