- 4 large floury potatoes (e.g. Rooster) (approximately 600g)
- Rapeseed or olive oil
- 4 beef burgers
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 to 6 tablesp. mayonnaise
- 1 teasp. harissa, or as desired
- 4 Emmental, slices
- 100g rocket
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
POTATO BURGER WITH SPICY MAYONNAISE
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C (375°F).
- Wash the potatoes and wrap in aluminium foil. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil before closing.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour until done (you can do this the day before). Let the potatoes cool down and cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out ¼ on both sides. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the potatoes cut edge down until golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes and fry the burgers in the same pan according to the desired cooking method.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the harissa.
- Build up the burgers. Cover the lower part of the potato with the beef burger, a slice of cheese, tomato, red onion, spicy mayonnaise and rocket. Close with the top half of the potato and serve.