- 2 large potatoes (e.g. Rooster potatoes) (approximately 250g)
- 5 eggs
- 20 g grated cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 g fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- 100 g mushrooms
- 2 spring onions
- 50 g fresh spinach
- 1 tsp chilli
- salt and pepper
POTATO BREAKFAST CUPS STUFFED WITH EGG AND MUSHROOM
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
- In a large bowl combine one egg and the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Peel the potatoes and roughly grate using a grater. Do the same with the garlic.
- Put the potatoes, onion and garlic in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and thyme leaves. Mix well.
- Grease the muffin tin with olive oil. Divide the potato mixture to fill each cup and push them into a “cup” shape with your fingers. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut the mushrooms in quarters and the spring onions in rings. Heat a frying pan on medium heat with some olive oil. Sauté the mushrooms and spring onions for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the spinach. Mix and season with salt, pepper, and chilli. Sauté until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven and fill with the mushroom mixture. Break an egg in each one of the moulds. Use a toothpick to puncture a small hole in the egg yolk. Season with salt, pepper, and chilli. Return to the oven for 10 minutes until cooked and golden brown.