· 4 Rooster potatoes
· 75g butter
· 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
· 2 leeks, chopped
· 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped
· ½ litre of milk
· 200ml of fresh cream
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2 slices of bread for croutons
POTATO AND PUMPKIN SOUP
1. Melt 75g of butter in a pan.
2. Add the carrots, leeks and the pumpkin, and cut the potatoes into thin slices and add to the pan.
3. Cover with the milk and cook gently, stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Cook for 30 minutes.
5. Put through a vegetable mill or blend in a food processor.
6. Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper and serve with croutons.
Credit: Recipe by Jean-Pierre Coffe Recipe from the book “What we need to know about potatoes”, JP Coffe collection, Plon publishing.