· 5 Rooster potatoes
· 800 g shoulder of lamb
· 2 onions
· 1 clove garlic
· 1 can tomato concentrate (70 g)
· 1 chicken stock
· 1 tbsp corn starch
· 1 cube of butter
· 1 tbsp paprika
· 1 bunch of basil
· 500 g white mushrooms
· 300 g carrots
FRENCH-STYLE POTATO AND LAMB CASSEROL
1. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into bite-sized pieces.
2. Cut the lamb shoulder into cubes. Chop the onions.
3. Cut the carrot and mushrooms into slices.
4. In a cast iron casserole, brown the meat and the chopped onions in butter until they are golden brown.
5. Add the chopped garlic, tomato paste, stock cube, paprika, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and 1 litre of water.
6. Place a lid on the casserole and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes of cooking time, remove a ladle of sauce and place it in a bowl. Stir in the potato starch.
8. Pour the mixture into the casserole and stir.
9. Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped basil and continue cooking.