- 4 medium Kennedy’s Rooster Potatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 400g left over Brussels Sprouts, shredded
- 40g Blue cheese, crumbled
Christmas Leftover Jacket Potato Recipe
- Heat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-assisted/Gas Mark 7.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a plate and microwave on high (900W) for 6 and a half minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and microwave for a further three and a half.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and brush with the oil.
- Season and place on the top shelf of the oven for 20 minutes until the skin is crisp and the flesh is soft. Reduce the temperature to 200°C/180°C fan-assisted/Gas Mark 6 if the potato browns too quickly.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts, season and cook for a further 5 minutes until soft and golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Make a cross in each potato and split open slightly.
- Spoon over the Brussels sprout mixture and scatter with the blue cheese to serve.
*This recipe was originally published on potatoe.ie