· 4 medium Rooster potatoes (approximately 600g)
· 2 tbsp. rapeseed or olive oil
· 4 large chicken thighs, quartered (or use two chicken breasts sliced into large pieces, if preferred)
· 120g chorizo, cut into 1 cm-thick slices
· 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
· 2 red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
· 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
· 4 tsp. Cajun seasoning
· 2x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
· 400ml chicken stock
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
CAJUN SPICED CHICKEN POTATO HASH
1. Cut the raw potatoes into 2 cm cubes and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and brown the seasoned chicken about 3 minutes each side, until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and add the chorizo. Cook for several minutes until crispy.
3. Lower the heat and add the onions to the pan, cooking for about 10 minutes until soft. Add the peppers, garlic and Cajun seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Then, add the potatoes, tomatoes, chicken and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, checking that the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste before serving.